Story A Day - May

1:52 PM Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Story A Day people have issued a challenge for the month of May.  I'm sure you can figure out what that challenge might be.

A story a day... the month of May...

That's right (or should I say "write"?),  a story a day for each day of May (does anyone else notice that I keep rhyming?). Luckily, they aren't checking up on me every day or I would be in some major trouble! I can take days off if needed, which I may (did ya catch that?).


So, it being May first I wanted to start this month off right (no matter how I end up finishing it). A story a day!  I'm gonna keep it short and sweet today, with a little hint fiction.  

But before I do that, let me tell you this about me, if you don't already know... I love hint fiction. For that matter I love flash fiction and short stories as well. Why?  I'm not really sure. Maybe because I am a mother of 5 kids and have a part time job while trying to write a novel and co-write a non-fiction book with my hubby of almost 18 years.  So, maybe I like the brevity of it.  Who knows for sure.  However, you may see quite a bit of the shortest of short writings here this month.


Today's story: an ode to anyone who has ever struggled with finding the right words... or, for that matter, any words at all!

Writer's Block

Over two hundred thousand words in the English language.
I only need 25!

0 comments:

Post a Comment